Woodworth Middle School
Welcome to the 2015–16 school year!
August 18, 2015
The first day for students to return to school is Tuesday September 8’*. This will be a half day. The first bell will ring at the normal time of 7:50 am. Students will be dismissed at 11:05 am.
In order to help the sixth graders with this transition, we will have a special sixth grade HIVE Welcome Day for students. The HIVE Welcome Day will take place on Tuesday September 1st from 8:30 am until 11:30 am. There will be lots of fun activities for students to enjoy. Students will pick up their schedules, get their lockers, and meet classmates and teachers.
Please use the door closest to the gym area along Hubbard drive. Schedules will also be distributed to seventh and eighth grade students on Tuesday September 1st according to the following times:
- 8th Grade Students (Last Name A-C) at 12:00
- 8th Grade Students (Last Name D-M) at 12:30
- 8th Grade Students (Last Name N-Z)at 1:00
- 7th Grade Students (Last Name A-C) at 1:30
- 7th Grade Students (Last Name D-M)at 2:00
- 7th Grade Students (Last Name N-Z) at 2:30
Important: In order for students to receive their schedules, they MUST:
• Bring in the emergency sheet with any corrections. — ALL STUDENTS
- Bring in the signed cell phone policy. — ALL STUDENTS
- Bring in the signed “Student Code of Conduct Level III Violations” sheet. — ALL STUDENTS
- Bring in the green physical form (completed and signed by a physician).6th GRADE STUDENTS ONLY
“Parent involvement isn’t a luxury — it’s an integral component of student achievement and school reform. Decades of research studies on the effect of meaningful parent involvement programs in schools have found that when parents are involved, students achieve more, regardless of socioeconomic status, ethnic/racial background, or the parents’ education level. When parents are involved, students exhibit more positive attitudes and behavior.”
Every successful, high achieving student begins with a solid relationship between the student, teachers, and parents. Therefore, your participation and presence is essential for your child’s success at Woodworth Middle School and beyond. You are encouraged to attend Open House and meet your child’s teachers on September 16, 2015. On behalf of the Woodworth staff, we look forward to another exciting year!
Mrs. Alie-Bazzi, Principal
Woodworth Middle School