Woodworth Middle School
Wednesday, October 4, 2017
1) Lunch choices: Wednesday…Halal Hot Dog, cheese pockets, nachos
Thursday…Galaxy Pizza, cheese pockets
Friday…Shrimp Poppers, cheese pockets, nachos
2) Attention 8th Grade Students: The Masonic Theater Trip deadline has been extended
to Thursday, Oct. 5th. It is expected that ALL 8th grade students attend. Those that do not
attend will not be eligible to attend the next 8th grade field trip–The Auto Show.
Turn money and permission slips into your ELA teacher.
3) The 6th Annual Robert Cipriano Memorial Cross Country Meet will be held on October
23rd at Ford Field Park in Dearborn. All students are welcome to participate in the 2 mile run. Interested students must sign-up and turn in their $3.00 registration fee by
October 11th. See any PE teacher for more information and to sign-up. Thank you.
4) There will be intramural soccer this Thursday (10/5) from 3-4pm. Space is limited
to the first 26 students. See Mr. Robar to sign-up.
5) There will be 7th and 8th grade girls intramural swimming today from 3-4.
Please sign up with Ms. Gronau in the counseling office.
6) Beginning October 2nd, all students must have a current library ID card in order to check
out books! NO exceptions!
7) Congratulations to the following Student Council members:
President – Mustapha Ahmed, Vice President – Haitham Saleh, Secretary – Jenna Abdallah
Treasurer – Nour Elhawli, Sergeant at Arm – Tahani Alhanik
All Student Council member must attend a meeting with Ms. Zielger in room 203 on
Wednesday, October 11th at 7:30am. This meeting is for ALL 2017-2018 officers, as well
as ANY 6th, 7th, and 8th grader who would like to run for a Representative position.
8) Student Friendly Reminder: All students must have a pass from their teacher to
come to the Main Office. Students should always report to class for attendance and
then ask for a pass to the Main Office. Students should not come to the Main Office
between classes or without a pass from your teacher. Thank you!
9) Please start collecting Box Tops. An award will be be given to the top A2 with the most
Box Tops For Education collected. 5 box tops = 1 pride signature.
10) Students who want/need to purchase a planner for $5 may do so in the Main Office
during A2 with a pass from their teacher. Lanyard/pouch combo costs $3 and may be
purchased in the Main Office during A2 with a pass from your teacher.