Woodworth Middle School
Friday, October 6, 2017
1) Lunch choices: Friday…Shrimp Poppers, cheese pockets, nachos
2) Sixth grade intramural boys swimming today, Oct 6th from 3-4pm. For safety
purposes, participation will be limited to the first 20 boys that sign up. Please sign up
with Ms. Gronau in the counseling office today or tomorrow. Thank you!
3) The 6th Annual Robert Cipriano Memorial Cross Country Meet will be held on October
23rd at Ford Field Park in Dearborn. All students are welcome to participate in the 2 mile run. Interested students must sign-up and turn in their $3.00 registration fee by
October 11th. See any PE teacher for more information and to sign-up.
4) There will be an intramural Woodworth Running Club starting on Tuesday, October 10th
from 3-4pm. Anyone interested in running and/or preparing for the upcoming Cipriano
Meet is welcomed to join. We will be running outside on the track on the following dates: Tuesday, 10/10, Thursday, 10/12, Tuesday, 10/17, and Thursday 10/19 (weather permitting) Please see Mr. Robar to sign-up.
5) Congratulations to the following Student Council members:
President – Mustapha Ahmed, Vice President – Haitham Saleh, Secretary – Jenna Abdallah
Treasurer – Nour Elhawli, Sergeant at Arm – Tahani Alhanik
All Student Council member must attend a meeting with Ms. Zielger in room 203 on
Wednesday, October 11th at 7:30am. This meeting is for ALL 2017-2018 officers, as well
as ANY 6th, 7th, and 8th grader who would like to run for a Representative position.
6) Student Friendly Reminder: All students must have a pass from their teacher to
come to the Main Office. Students should always report to class for attendance and
then ask for a pass to the Main Office. Students should not come to the Main Office
between classes or without a pass from your teacher. Thank you!
7) Please start collecting Box Tops. An award will be be given to the top A2 with the most
Box Tops For Education collected. 5 box tops = 1 pride signature.
8) Beginning October 2nd, all students must have a current library ID card in order to check
out books! NO exceptions!