As a member of the Principal’s Student Advisory Council, you have direct access to Ms. Hassan. You also have the opportunity to serve your peers, your school and the community at large.
What is the role of the Principal’s Student Advisory Council?
- Provide student voices to Ms. Hassan
- Communicate curricular, extracurricular, and social concerns of your school life experience to the principal
- Assist in the planning and implementation of individual school events
- Respond positively to concerns or issues within your individual school when appropriate
What are the expectations of the Principal’s Student Advisory Council members?
- Attend monthly meetings, discuss issues that matter, brainstorm ways to make positive changes
- Participate in community events organized by the council and/or sponsored by other community organizations including the school district
- Create an atmosphere in your school that embraces unity, student empowerment, and diversity
What is the structure of the Principal’s Student Advisory Council?
The Principal’s Student Advisory Council consists of six representatives ranging from 6th to 8th grade.
Requirements in order to be a part of the Principal’s Student Advisory Council?
(1) Excellent attendance
(2) 2.5 G.P.A. or higher
(3) Willing to collaborate with fellow students
(4) Demonstrate problem solving, creative thinking, initiative, and a desire to make positive change
(5) Exhibit communication & presentation skills
(6) Adhere to the policies in the District Student Code of Conduct
(7) Attend monthly meetings during the school day and balance your academics
(8) Two teacher recommendations
Please use this link to apply: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1ZKU-7VMXERR3v9nV98uYd8N6iTm-FcjtK-GQRUkpVd8/edit
Application Due: October 19th