Dear Woodworth Families:
I would like to begin by first expressing my thanks to you all for your patience! I know you still have a lot of questions and we are doing our best to answer all of them to the best of our ability. I want to update/remind you on a few things below:
- If you haven’t already updated your emergency contact information, please check your ParentConnect and update your information for this current school year. Because all of us are beginning the year online, it is very important for us to have the correct information for you and your child. Your child may be delayed in getting their schedule if that information is not updated. If you do not have your parent connect access information, please call the office at 827-7100 so we can assist you. Please use this link to update your information: https://sisweb.resa.net/ParentPortal/
- Student schedules will be available to all students on Friday, August 28th. Students will be able to access their schedules through student connect.
- Teachers return to work on Thursday, August 27. Teachers will participate in professional learning on both Thursday and Friday. They are learning about the Schoology learning management system amongst other best practices.
- All advisory (homeroom) teachers will email their students on Friday with access codes for students’ first day live session. On the first day of school, teachers will further explain the A/B synchronous/asynchronous schedule we have implemented during remote learning. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zG3WMsWKMyzx_yNpW81zpvibfd0dM_br/view?usp=sharing
- To make sure that students have materials and resources needed for this school year, during the week of August 31st we will be running a required drive thru pick-up for all students. Students will get a welcome packet and their math book, amongst other materials. There are roads closed throughout the Woodworth neighborhood. The only way is to come from Hubbard facing Greenfield. The distribution will be one way on Hubbard next to door number 7 facing Greenfield. Please plan on arriving during your set time by the beginning letter of your last name; if you are unable to make it during your set time, try to be here when your assigned grade level is here.
August 31st, 6th Grade 12:00-12:30 A; 12:30-1:00 B-F; 1:00-1:30 G-N; 1:30-2:00 O-Z
September 1st, 7th Grade 12:00-12:30 A; 12:30-1:00 B-F; 1:00-1:30 G-N; 1:30-2:00 O-Z
September 2nd, 8th Grade 12:00-12:30 A; 12:30-1:00 B-F; 1:00-1:30 G-N; 1:30-2:00 O-Z
- Please make sure to sign up for our school blog to receive updated notifications: woodworth.dearbornschools.org and your child’s teachers’ blogs. This is the best way to get up to date information.
- Please check the new school calendar as there are some changes, specifically for the first week. https://dearbornschools.org/services/district-calendars/ Monday, August 31st through Thursday, Sept. 3rd will be ½ days.
- A few important sites to visit:
- Please see the Woodworth schedule for remote learning: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zG3WMsWKMyzx_yNpW81zpvibfd0dM_br/view?usp=sharing
Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns. Thank you for your partnership! We look forward to a great start of the school year!