Hello, Woodworth Families!
Welcome Back & Ramadan Kareem!
- Monday, Apr 4, 2022
- Tuesday, Apr 5, 2022
- Wednesday, Apr 6, 2022
- Thursday, Apr 7, 2022
- Friday, Apr 8, 2022
Woodworth Summer School 2022
- Students who are currently 6th and 7th graders along with our incoming 6th graders may register for the 2022 Woodworth Middle School Academic SUMMER Program. Current 8th graders must register at their future high school for their summer program.
Students will strengthen their learning of the core content subjects as teachers integrate the following themes to make it an extra fun experience:
Sports, Pool Activities, Arts & Crafts, Technology, Food, Fun, Exercise, and more!
Call Ms. Beydoun or Mrs. Awada in the main office at 313 827- 7102 or 313 827-7119 to help you register your child. You may also come into the main office to register. Student’s attendance in the Summer Program is important if they register.
Parent Survey Link-Extended: We want to hear from you. This survey is to help us understand the quality of services provided to learners and their families. The survey results can be used to support the continuous improvement process and revisit school start times, late start, and ½ days for next year. Thank you for your support! The survey will remain open until March 25, 2022. Click on this link to take the survey: Parent/Family Survey Link
- Main High Schools Plan Ninth-Grade Welcome Events
Edsel Ford High, Dearborn High, and Fordson High are planning events to introduce next year’s ninth-grade students to their future schools.
Eighth graders and their parents across the district are invited to attend the event at the child’s future school, even if those students are not currently enrolled in Dearborn Public Schools. Students who plan to join the district next school year can enroll in the spring and start working with the counseling office on their fall class schedule. Dearborn Public Schools only accept students who live within the district’s boundaries. Learn more about enrolling on the district’s enrollment page at dearbornschools.org/enroll.
Each ninth-grade welcome event will include an introduction and important school information from administrators, followed by the opportunity for students to talk with coaches for fall sports and representatives from school clubs.
Event dates are set for:
- Edsel Ford High, 20601 Rotunda Dr., March 15 at 6 p.m.
- Dearborn High, 19501 Outer Drive, April 6 at 6:30 p.m.
- Fordson High, 13800 Ford Road, May 19 at 5:30 p.m.
Parents can see which high school their child would attend by visiting our school attendance area page.
The district also offers high school/early college programs housed at the Henry Ford College, including the Henry Ford Early College and the Henry Ford Early College – Advanced Manufacturing. Those free five-year schools require an application for admission and admitted students will learn more about their ninth grade welcome events directly from the school.
- Please remember that doors do not open until 8 am. Students that arrive earlier than this will not be able to enter the building unless they are coming for breakfast. Breakfast begins at 8 am as well. Please refrain from dropping your child off at school earlier than this time.
- Tardy sweeps have been enforced throughout the school day to ensure that students are getting to class on time. Any student who is not in class by the end of passing time will be assigned one-hour detention after school. Parents will be notified when this occurs. Please remind your child to get to class on time each hour. Your support in this matter is greatly appreciated.
- Cell phones are not allowed to be out during school hours. Students can use their phones before or after school outside of the building. Any phones that are seen will be confiscated and must be picked up by a parent in the office. Even if the student is not using their device, it should not be out!
- Tutoring is available to all students before and after school. The schedule is shared below:
Woodworth Tutoring Schedule 2021-22
|Day of the Week||Before School7:15 – 8:15 am||After School3:25 – 4:25 pm|
|Monday||Ms. Bazzi (Room 218)Ms. Charara (Room 217)|
|Tuesday||Ms. Bazzi (Room 218)Ms. Elzroui (Room 209)Ms. Turfe (Room 210)||Ms. Charara (Room 217)Ms. Salmassi (Room 203)|
|Wednesday||Ms. Elzroui (Room 209)Ms. Turfe (Room 210)||Ms. Bazzi (Room 218)Ms. Charara (Room 217)Ms. Salmassi (Room 203)|
|Thursday||Ms. Bazzi (Room 218)Ms. Elzroui (Room 209)Ms. Turfe (Room 210)||Ms. Abdouni (Room 215)Ms. Charara (Room 217)Ms. Ellenwood (Room 118)|
|Friday||Ms. Bazzi (Room 218)Ms. Elzroui (Room 209)Ms. Turfe (Room 210)||No Tutoring After School|
- For morning tutoring, you must arrive before 7:30 am.
- Students must enter through the front door.
- For afternoon tutoring, students that want to attend must sign up during A2.
- After school, students must exit the building and join the tutoring line for the teacher to pick them up.
- Students must be in the after-school tutoring line at 3:25 pm to be allowed to attend after-school tutoring.
- Woodworth Main Office Hours: When school is in session, the Office Staff is available to students, parents, and community members within these scheduled hours – Monday through Friday 8:00 am – 4:15 pm.
- Please remember to review your child’s progress in his/her classes online through Parent Connect.
- The City of Dearborn is in need of Crossing Guards: Click here for more information.
Woodworth Extracurricular Schedule 2021-22
|Day of the Week||After School3:25 – 4:25 pm|
|Monday||Academic Games Club Rm 110|
|Tuesday||Academic Games Club Rm 110Piano & Guitar Class Room 118|
|Wednesday||Academic Games Club Rm 110Chess Club Rm 214Newspaper Club Rm 112|
|Thursday||Academic Games Club Rm 110|
|Friday||Student Council (2x a month)|
- If your child would like to try out for a sport they must have an updated sports physical on file. The sports physical form can be found here.
No games this week!
No Games this week!
Intramural Sports Schedule:
No games this week!
Mark Your Calendars:
4/14-Parent-Teacher Conferences 4-7pm
4/15-No School-Good Friday