Hello, Woodworth Families
EID Mubarak to all who are celebrating!!
- Monday, May 2, 2022 No School-Happy Eid
- Tuesday, May 3, 2022 No School-Happy Eid
- Wednesday, May 4, 2022
- Thursday, May 5, 2022 Unis @ Woodworth- Track
- Friday, May 6, 2022 Smith @ Bryant- Soccer
- Woodworth will be having a Cultural Night Event on May 20, 2022, at 5:30 pm.
Woodworth Summer School 2022
- Students who are currently 6th and 7th graders may register for the 2022 Woodworth Middle School Academic SUMMER Program. Current 8th graders can register but will attend the high school they will attend in the Fall.
Students will strengthen their learning of the core content subjects as teachers integrate the following themes to make it an extra fun experience:
Sports, Pool Activities, Arts & Crafts, Technology, Food, Fun, Exercise, and more!
Call Ms. Beydoun or Mrs. Awada in the main office at 313 827- 7102 or 313 827-7119 to help you register your child. You may also come into the main office to register. Students’ attendance in the Summer Program is important if they register.
- Main High Schools Plan Ninth-Grade Welcome Event @ Fordson
Fordson High is planning an event to introduce next year’s ninth-grade students to their future schools.
The ninth-grade welcome event will include an introduction and important school information from administrators, followed by the opportunity for students to talk with coaches for fall sports and representatives from school clubs.
The event date is set for
- Fordson High, 13800 Ford Road, on May 19 at 5:30 p.m.
Parents can see which high school their child would attend by visiting our school attendance area page.
The district also offers high school/early college programs housed at the Henry Ford College, including the Henry Ford Early College and the Henry Ford Early College – Advanced Manufacturing. Those free five-year schools require an application for admission and admitted students will learn more about their ninth grade welcome events directly from the school. Please remember that doors do not open until 8 am. Students that arrive earlier than this will not be able to enter the building unless they are coming for breakfast. Breakfast begins at 8 am as well. Please refrain from dropping your child off at school earlier than this time.
- Tardy sweeps have been enforced throughout the school day to ensure that students are getting to class on time. Any student who is not in class by the end of passing time will be assigned one-hour detention after school. Parents will be notified when this occurs. Please remind your child to get to class on time each hour. Your support in this matter is greatly appreciated.
- Cell phones are not allowed to be out during school hours. Students can use their phones before or after school outside of the building. Any phones that are seen will be confiscated and must be picked up by a parent in the office. Even if the student is not using their device, it should not be out!
- Tutoring is available to all students before and after school. The schedule is shared below:
Woodworth Tutoring Schedule 2021-22
|Day of the Week||Before School7:15 – 8:15 am||After School3:25 – 4:25 pm|
|Monday||Ms. Bazzi (Room 218)Ms. Charara (Room 217)|
|Tuesday||Ms. Bazzi (Room 218)Ms. Elzroui (Room 209)Ms. Turfe (Room 210)||Ms. Charara (Room 217)Ms. Salmassi (Room 203)|
|Wednesday||Ms. Elzroui (Room 209)Ms. Turfe (Room 210)||Ms. Bazzi (Room 218)Ms. Charara (Room 217)Ms. Salmassi (Room 203)|
|Thursday||Ms. Bazzi (Room 218)Ms. Elzroui (Room 209)Ms. Turfe (Room 210)||Ms. Abdouni (Room 215)Ms. Charara (Room 217)Ms. Ellenwood (Room 118)|
|Friday||Ms. Bazzi (Room 218)Ms. Elzroui (Room 209)Ms. Turfe (Room 210)||No Tutoring After School|
- For morning tutoring, you must arrive before 7:30 am.
- Students must enter through the front door.
- For afternoon tutoring, students that want to attend must sign up during A2.
- After school, students must exit the building and join the tutoring line for the teacher to pick them up.
- Students must be in the after-school tutoring line at 3:25 pm to be allowed to attend after-school tutoring.
- Woodworth Main Office Hours: When school is in session, the Office Staff is available to students, parents, and community members within these scheduled hours – Monday through Friday 8:00 am – 4:15 pm.
- Please remember to review your child’s progress in his/her classes online through Parent Connect.
- The City of Dearborn is in need of Crossing Guards: Click here for more information.
Woodworth Extracurricular Schedule 2021-22
|Day of the Week||After School3:25 – 4:25 pm|
|Monday||Academic Games Club Rm 110|
|Tuesday||Academic Games Club Rm 110Piano & Guitar Class Room 118|
|Wednesday||Academic Games Club Rm 110Chess Club Rm 214Newspaper Club Rm 112|
|Thursday||Academic Games Club Rm 110|
|Friday||Student Council (2x a month)|
- If your child would like to try out for a sport they must have an updated sports physical on file. The sports physical form can be found here.
Boys & Girls Track
5/5- Unis @ Woodworth
5/6 -Smith @ Woodworth
Mark Your Calendars:
5/2 – No School
5/3 – No School