Hello, Woodworth Families
- Monday, May 9, 2022 -6th Grade MStep Testing
- Tuesday, May 10, 2022 -6th Grade MStep Testing
- Wednesday, May 11, 2022
- Thursday, May 12, 2022 Bryant @ Woodworth- Track
- Friday, May 13, 2022
- Students have been M-Step testing at Woodworth! This week 6th graders will begin testing. Please remind your student to do their best and get enough rest each night! Wishing all of our Hornets the best of luck during this time!!
- On May 20, 2022, Woodworth will be hosting its first Culture Night 5:30-7:00 P.M. We will celebrate culture with fun activities, potluck, and display stations for the countries represented in our school. Qahwah House has also committed to providing a coffee and tea station for parents, students, and staff! Please plan on attending this fantastic event!
Woodworth Summer School 2022-
- Students who are currently 6th and 7th graders may register for the 2022 Woodworth Middle School Academic SUMMER Program. Current 8th graders can register but will attend the high school they will attend in the Fall.
Students will strengthen their learning of the core content subjects as teachers integrate the following themes to make it an extra fun experience:
Sports, Pool Activities, Arts & Crafts, Technology, Food, Fun, Exercise, and more!
Call Ms. Beydoun or Mrs. Awada in the main office at 313 827- 7102 or 313 827-7119 to help you register your child. You may also come into the main office to register. Students’ attendance in the Summer Program is important if they register.
- Please remember that doors do not open until 8 am. Students that arrive earlier than this will not be able to enter the building unless they are coming for breakfast. Breakfast begins at 8 am as well. Please refrain from dropping your child off at school earlier than this time.
- Tardy sweeps have been enforced throughout the school day to ensure that students are getting to class on time. Any student who is not in class by the end of passing time will be assigned one-hour detention after school. Parents will be notified when this occurs. Please remind your child to get to class on time each hour. Your support in this matter is greatly appreciated.
- Cell phones are not allowed to be out during school hours. Students can use their phones before or after school outside of the building. Any phones that are seen will be confiscated and must be picked up by a parent in the office. Even if the student is not using their device, it should not be out!
- Tutoring is available to all students before and after school. The schedule is shared below:
Woodworth Tutoring Schedule 2021-22
|Day of the Week||Before School7:15 – 8:15 am||After School3:25 – 4:25 pm|
|Monday||Ms. Bazzi (Room 218)Ms. Charara (Room 217)|
|Tuesday||Ms. Bazzi (Room 218)Ms. Elzroui (Room 209)Ms. Turfe (Room 210)||Ms. Charara (Room 217)Ms. Salmassi (Room 203)|
|Wednesday||Ms. Elzroui (Room 209)Ms. Turfe (Room 210)||Ms. Bazzi (Room 218)Ms. Charara (Room 217)Ms. Salmassi (Room 203)|
|Thursday||Ms. Bazzi (Room 218)Ms. Elzroui (Room 209)Ms. Turfe (Room 210)||Ms. Abdouni (Room 215)Ms. Charara (Room 217)Ms. Ellenwood (Room 118)|
|Friday||Ms. Bazzi (Room 218)Ms. Elzroui (Room 209)Ms. Turfe (Room 210)||No Tutoring After School|
- For morning tutoring, you must arrive before 7:30 am.
- Students must enter through the front door.
- For afternoon tutoring, students that want to attend must sign up during A2.
- After school, students must exit the building and join the tutoring line for the teacher to pick them up.
- Students must be in the after-school tutoring line at 3:25 pm to be allowed to attend after-school tutoring.
- Woodworth Main Office Hours: When school is in session, the Office Staff is available to students, parents, and community members within these scheduled hours – Monday through Friday 8:00 am – 4:15 pm.
- Please remember to review your child’s progress in his/her classes online through Parent Connect.
Woodworth Extracurricular Schedule 2021-22
|Day of the Week||After School3:25 – 4:25 pm|
|Monday||Academic Games Club Rm 110|
|Tuesday||Academic Games Club Rm 110Piano & Guitar Class Room 118|
|Wednesday||Academic Games Club Rm 110Chess Club Rm 214Newspaper Club Rm 112|
|Thursday||Academic Games Club Rm 110|
|Friday||Student Council (2x a month)|
- If your child would like to try out for a sport they must have an updated sports physical on file. The sports physical form can be found here.
Boys & Girls Track
5/12- Bryant @ Woodworth -3:45pm
5/10 -Salina @ Woodworth -3:45pm
Mark Your Calendars:
5/27 – No School
5/30 – No School-Memorial Day